Tuesday, April 14, 2015

IFJM 2015 Day 14

click image to enlarge

Mavis writes: April 14, 2015, 7:30 AM One summer when I was 12 and C was 4 we took a family vacation to Maine to a Methodist Summer Camp Meeting. I was basically given charge of C that summer. She loved those camp meetings. On rainy days we'd stay inside and do arts and crafts and C had a particular enthusiasm for weaving these little pot holders out of stretchy loops of fabric. I think that even at her tender young age C absorbed so much. In her high school year book her motto was a quote from John Wesley, "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." That has pretty much summed up C for her whole life. I remember practically nothing of what was taught that summer, sensing that something wasn't right between our parents, and hadn't been right since father returned from the war, and my twelve year old brain was racing and worried. Whatever it was my parents never spoke of it and after that summer life seemed more normal. I've talked to C about it but she remembers nothing except how much she loved camp and making pot holders!

Materials: Gelli prints, UniBall gel pen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!