Friday, June 19, 2015

Nature Journal Entry- June 17, 2015

click image to enlarge

There's a lot of energy in the woods and in the air in general as we're moving rapidly towards the summer solstice. The trees and every growing thing seems to pulse and vibrate with living energy.

click image to enlarge

I've found a little companion in the woods, a Gray Catbird who entertains me for hours and seems to actually seek me out when I'm sitting by the pond each morning. Today I was able to watch her fledgling who seemed rather petrified sitting alone on a shrub growing in the shallows in the north side of the pond. e had no need to fear though, mom was nearby watching. 

click image to enlarge

Another treat was being able to watch a doe and her fawn browsing along the south west edge of the pond. The Great Egret was back again for a bit, long enough for me to get a few sketches done. 

Every day that I spend in the woods, eyes wide open and ears attuned, brings me into a deeper and deeper relationship to the earth, and in particular our little pond.  After fours years I feel as much at home in our woods as anywhere on earth. I feel a true kinship with my wild neighbors and i am so thankful for that. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!