Thursday, May 28, 2015

Video: How to Pre-prepare backgrounds in your sketchbook


If you can't view the video here, use this YouTube  link 

Hope you enjoy the video, it was fun to make. If you'd like more videos then tell me in the comments. 

Below are a few recent pages using pre-prepared backgrounds so you can see how that looks, and what the possibilities are.  The F&W acrylic inks from the video were used along with some other types of acrylic paints , all of which were kept very thin. 

click image to enlarge
 Pentel Pocket Brush Pen and gouache over a pre-prepared background.
click image to enlarge
 Pentel Pocket Brush Pen, Canada Goose studies from life.
click image to enlarge
 Pentel pocket Brush Pen, gouache, white Deco marker
click image to enlarge

Pentel Pocket brush pen, gouache, white Deco marker

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your video! I loved to watch it! It is less intimidating to work on a prepared background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have to try this. I have a gelli plate I have never used! Thanks for the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was excellent, Jan. By coincidence, I was introduced to acrylic inks yesterday for a whole different application which didn't personally interest me. Now, I see my excuse for buying them - oh, and a gelli plate. More videos please

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!