Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Altered Book Journal : catching up

click image to enlarge

Trying to get caught up with posts from the the altered book journal. I think what happened was that when I was making these pages I was so overwhelmed by what was going on in my life I  simply didn't have the time or interest in posting these to the blog or to my sketching page on Facebook. 


click image to enlarge

I do remember how much the 100th anniversary of the extinction of the passenger pigeon effected me though.  This is such a sad anniversary on many levels but at the time in my personal life I was dealing with the immanent death of my mother and the whole world seemed filled with death and destruction to me.  It's no wonder I wasn't up to posting and writing about things, 

click image to enlarge


I've been amazed at how making art ( and journaling, its own form of art) has been such a blessing to me through some very difficult years. My daughter really likes this page. I wish the red lettering hadn't smudged, but I have learned not to sweat these little imperfections but rather to embrace them and to learn from them. For instance perhaps the smudged lettering is reminding me that the further we go inward on our personal journeys the more lines between things we thought were absolutely separate blur. Or maybe it's saying that the further in you go the less distinctions matter. It might even be reminding me that sometimes it's OK to be less than clear and a little ambiguity in ourselves is alright. 

click image to enlarge

I believe that when we solidify our intentions in a tangible form, like an art work that is a powerful step to that thing becoming a reality in your self or your life, This page was made some months ago, and I had forgotten all about it until I picked up the altered book project again this week. But I can see how this thought has been in the back of my mind and that I have taken concrete steps to create more balance in my daily life.  

click image to enalarge

click image to enlarge


A few more posts and I'll be caught up. That's a place I like to be. 













No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!