Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Christmas 2014 Sketches


Click image to enlarge
One of the great things about keeping a sketchbook journal is the opportunity to record traditions, memories and special moments like holidays.  I don't take a lot of photos on birthday's and holidays. no one in my family particularly like having their picture takes (including me!) but I do have wonderful meaningful sketches in my sketchbooks.

Click image to enlarge
I'm also trying to do more writing and journaling in my sketchbook, to create an illustrated journal, more than a sketchbook. It's something I've wanted to do for a long time and I think the time is right.

Click image to enlarge



And....sometimes it's fun to go the art journal route and create richly colored and textured pages, like this one.


Keeping a sketchbook/journal is such a meaningful activity. It's a constant source of celebration, joy and a way for me to spread out and enjoy the creative act in ways both large and small, even during difficult times.

I'm looking forward to taking time during the twelve days of Christmas to look back through my sketchbooks from 2014. Seeing what I did, what I learned and getting a glimpse of where I might be going.

I'll be sketching my way through this beautiful season of light and love, and hope you'll be doing the same.

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!