Monday, September 14, 2015

Examples of Easy to make Hand Sewn Journals



Lately I've been having fun learning all kinds of ways to bind my own sketchbooks and art journals. In addition to making actual hard bound books, that are sturdy and have a lot of pages, I'm looking for ways to make easy sewn spine books. 

There's so much information out there on blogs and on YouTube that I'm constantly being inspired by other artists and their generous sharing. 

In the video above I show some of the things I've learned and three easy to make hand sewn journals. One re-purposes an inexpensive composition book, the second is a simple single signature book and the third is a hard cover, closed spine watercolor journal I designed myself after researching some sewn spine techniques. 

I hope you enjoy seeing these. If you'd like to see some tutorial videos on how to make these let me know in the comments. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Jan. I, too, was in Roz's Simple Round Back Spine class and second your recommendation. I'm very interested in learning more about bookbinding and would love to see some video tutorials from you.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!