Wednesday, April 22, 2015

IFJM 2015 Day 22

click image to enlarge

Mavis is heard quite often say "Oh, whoops. Well, I can fix that. I think". Just today the peacock green spray ink that made the hearts bled through to the other side of the page causing several awful blobs on her beautiful spread from the day before. But Mavis is unperturbed, she has gone back and rescued her previous day's page spread with some clever fixes. In fact, Mavis has had to fix so many unexpected "oopses", that she feels more like a handyman than an artist. 


Mavis writes: April 22, 2015, 7:30 AM Brother Mark and I stayed up late into the night talking after C's funeral. He is helping me see that God is both light and darkness and that uncertainty and even doubt is very often an expression of deep faith, just in a paradoxical way. We cannot always know the particulars but the idea that God is Love, as simple and over used as it may be  as a catch all phrase, is deep and profound when you sit quietly and think on it. Beauty, Truth and Love are the foundation. Beauty I recognize, Love I know and have experienced. Truth is a little more tricky I told Brother Mark. He laughed and said that I was on my way to finding it. 

The Power and Beauty of Dark Moments in our Life.

It is the full descent that is required for resurrection.

Die before you die. - Rumi

Today's Tea: Zhong Guo Cha, Iron Buddha Oolong ( Tie Guan Yin Cha)

Materials: Gelli plate, acrylic paints, hand made stamps and stencils, Pentel Pocket Brush Pen, gouache, spray inks. bubble wrap. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!