Saturday, April 18, 2015

IFJM 2015 Day 18

click image to enlarge

Mavis writes: April 18, 2015 9:00 PM  Letting Go.  I arrived at the hospital at 9 and there was a great deal of commotion. C was having a massive stroke- a wave of anxiety swelled over me. I called Edward to come immediately. He arrived an hour later with Evie. They are both in crisis. Evie does not wish to honor C's advanced health care directives, and Edward is frozen in fear and does not want C to suffer anymore. The end of life team has arrived. To my surprise Kate arrived soon after. She spoke at length with Edward and then taking him by the hand she told Evie that her grandmother was too beautiful a soul and too good to suffer this way and that it was time to let go. I think Evie was relieved. She tried so hard to fix something no one could fix. Her mother was going to die. Very sad and exhausted I left them, so I could get some rest at home. 

Materials: Gelli printed paper, deli paper, purchased stencils, acrylic paint, blue sharpie. blue ink.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!