Monday, March 23, 2015

Nature Sketching Class

Click image to enlarge

 I can't even begin to tell you how many sketches I've done and not posted here. Whole sketchbooks full actually!  I find it so hard to keep up with posting to sketching groups I belong to on Facebook etc. and to post here. Truth is, I'd rather be sketching!

Yesterday, I taught a nature sketching class in my studio, had seven wonderful students and lots of fun. The sketch above was our Mad Hatter's Tea Party warm up.

Click image to enlarge
I had a long table set up with various natural objects set out. Everyone took a seat and we set the timer for 15 minutes. We sketched and when the timer went off we all shifted , and took the seat to out left and sketched the next object.  Fun and a great way to loosen up and improve your sketching speed.

Click image to enlarge


This was my demo of a contour line drawing,  using a Platinum Carbon fountain pen and QoR watercolors.  Blue gouache background, washi tape added, along with a quote from a reading we discussed at the beginning of the class from Sarah Gillespie's blog.

April is International Fake Journal Month (IFJM) and I'll be participating and posting my fake journal here, so be on the look out for a consistent month's worth of fake journal posts, created by a fake person, (naturally), named Mavis Mabb.  You can find out all about IFJM HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!