Saturday, June 27, 2015

Sketching with a Calligraphy Pen

click image to enlarge

Artists never color inside the lines, obey the rules or use art supplies the "right" way.  For example I'm working in a sketchbook that I bound myself that has print making paper in it, is only 130gms2, and yet I'm using it for watercolor, gouache, fountain pen, brush pen etc. media this paper was never actually created to accept. Oh well.  

click image to enlarge

I'm also drawing with a calligraphy pen, a pen that's actually designed to hand letter with.  It's a great, inexpensive pen and I'm really enthused by the different sorts of lines it can make. I also like it's moderately bold line width.  This is a black  2.0 Yasutomo Calligraphy Marker  They come in several widths and colors, and I think they're fun to sketch with. (Plus you can write with them, like you're supposed to !) 

2 comments:

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!