Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Pseudo Travel Journal Greece: Entry 6

click image to enlarge

I'm still taking my imaginary journey to Greece via an on-line travel class/lecture. This sketch is the famous Oracle at Delphi a fascinating and very ancient place. A sacred place that actually pre-dates the Greeks and goes further back into dim and lost ages of the human race when an Earth Mother Goddess was worshiped. That also happens to be a subject I am reading a lot about right now so this visit was particularly meaningful. Working quickly in fountain pen and watercolors. 


click image to enlarge

This is a fascinating island that is layered in civilizations, Greek, Byzantine, Venetian, Ottoman, incredible rich architecture. 

click image to enlarge

Something else I really love, Byzantine churches!  I have quite a few odd and obscure subjects that I love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!