Friday, May 29, 2015

Zoo Trip

click image to enlarge

Always love a sketching trip to the zoo. I began the day with my favorite tiger, working some gestural studies with a Stabilo Woody pencil.
click image to enlarge

Primates in the Rain Forest building and River Otters.  I didn't bring my usual paints with me today because I wanted the pre-prepared backgrounds to play a big role in the page. So I used a Tradio Stylo, and some Color Brush pens. All are water soluble and allowed me to fill in and create tonal washed quickly using a water brush.

click image to enlarge

I went back to my favorite tiger several times throughout the day. He's an excellent model.

click image to enlarge

The barnyard was fun. Everyone I met kept talking about the piglets, which I guess are really hoglets! (Actually not, they're still called piglets!) 

click image to enlarge
This is my favorite page of the day, all these crazy contour sketches of the chickens. Fast and fun. Now I'm exhausted but really happy with the day and the variety of sketches I got out of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!