Thursday, May 14, 2015

Sketches to Celebrate Spring

click image to enlarge


In one single day it seems that the young maiden has and spring in full bloom in upon us. My lovely little crab apple orchard is blooming like crazy and I found the first pink lady slipper in the woods. 

click image to enlarge

The lily pads are all over the pond now and a few of the yellow pond lilies are blooming.  Great soft, diffused light shining through the young leaves on the trees. 

click image to enlarge

Here I'm playing with some new Jim Holtz Distress Markers. I bought five in the spring colors I see all around me right now. These are dual tip with a brush tip on one end and a fine point on the other. The brush tip is really flexible and nice and juicy, the fine point has a plastic tip and seems to incise the paper surface unless you keep the pressure light. Fun to work with and i love the colors. They're dye based so probably not light fast but I my sketchbooks I don't really worry about that. 

Color samples below

click image to enlarge







No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!