Sunday, May 17, 2015

Samurai Exhibit Again

click image to enlarge

There's a lot of great stuff at the Samurai exhibit at the Yale Peabody Museum of Natural History in New Haven, CT

I went a few weeks ago and focused my sketching on Samurai armor and Buddhist statues.  yesterday, I returned for a second look and spent my time focusing on Noh Theater and woodblock prints. 

I used my Nomad Sketch Satchel which has taken a little getting used to but I like it for museums, zoos etc.  It's very helpful for sketching standing up and even for longer times sitting as you can angle it so you are not hunched over and working on your lap.  

I really enjoyed using the Pentel Pocket Brush Pen for the copy of the woodblock print. Right tool for the subject!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!