Tuesday, April 7, 2015

IFJM 2015 Day 8

click image to enlarge

Mavis is finally opening up and writing a bit more in her journal. An unexpected early morning phone call from C has Mavis feeling concerned and thinking. She has also included a little self-portrait in the reflection on the tea pot. Today is a day of introspection for Mavis.


Mavis writes:

Wisdom from ancient sources

We are all visitors to this time, this place. We are just passing through. Our purpose here is to observe, to learn, to grow, to love...and then we return home.

May as well be here, we as where we are.

Traveler, there are no paths. Paths are made by walking.

The more you know the less you need. 

Aboriginal Proverbs.

I am finally settling into life here in the cottage. The quiet does me good. I think I am beginning to see the root of my discontent. It's age. When did I become this old?  How is it possible that there are fewer days ahead than there are behind? I feel panic at that thought. I want to know that I have sought what is truly meaningful. I want to swim in the rivers of the "grand plan". Is there God? Goddess? Spirit? I am seeking the old ways and my own way all at the same time. 

C called this morning. She didn't sound herself, and in fact said she wasn't feeling well. unusual for her.

April 7, 2015 8:30AM

Today's Tea: Matcha Genmaicha, green tea with toasted rice

Materials: Round Gelli plate, Golden High Flow acrylic paint, regular acrylic paint, hand made stamp, gouache, Preppy sign pen, fountain pen, sharpie, TomBow marker. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!