Thursday, April 30, 2015

IFJM 2015 Day 30

click image to enlarge

Mavis writes: April 30, 2015 6:30 AM  A Heart at Peace Gives Life to the Body ~ Proverbs 14:30

I asked Brother Mark to help me begin a contemplative practice. He said that my walks in the woods, my garden and my journal were my contemplative practices. I suppose they are, as each one puts my heart at peace and gives life to my body. He did suggest the practice of Divine Reading, Lectio Divina, which I will begin. I am looking forward to turning the calendar page and beginning the month of May - a month of new beginnings, and fresh starts, growth and life, new life, a life without C, but a life that somehow brings us closer. 


Materials: Round Gelli plate, acrylic paints, stencils, Pentel Pocket Brush Pen, gouache

2 comments:

  1. Very interesting and moving fake journal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mavis; those are my favorite contemplative practices, too. Which makes winter a bit tough....but I'm glad to be back outside today! Peace be with you.....

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment! It makes me Happy!